Monday 20 August 2012

Chatsworth House

Today on my way back down south after a few days at the Lake District, I visited Chatsworth House in the Peak District which is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. Proof here:






And as ever, I looked out for musical 'thingy-ma-bobs' and found quite a lot! This included a wonderful Steinway grand which was just sitting in the library. I asked for permission to try it out and I decided to just randomly sight-read Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata to serenade those touring the house. When I finished it turned out that a pretty huge group had gathered in the room to listen to me so that was nice. They even applauded! :)



Fun fact: In the 'State Music Room' there's a door with a violin and bow hanging on it...



Looks pretty real right? Turns out it's a 'trompe l'oeil' (an optical illusion) and I stood there for 5 mins trying to figure it out because it really messed my mind up. 

I was going to post one more picture, but it fits into the whole musical design series so I will post that up soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...